Jesuit High School is a non-profit, Catholic, college-preparatory school for boys in grades 8-12 that serves students of all religious faiths. It is located in Mid-City New Orleans on Carrollton Avenue between Palmyra and Banks Streets.
The present Jesuit High School of New Orleans was established in 1847 as one department of the College of the Immaculate Conception by the Fathers of the Society of Jesus. The College was located on Baronne and Commons Streets. In 1911 the collegiate departments were transferred to the site of the present Loyola University of New Orleans. The high school department remained in the buildings on Baronne Street for another 15 years. Due to increasing enrollment, in 1926 the school moved to its present location on Carrollton Avenue between Banks and Palmyra Streets.
Jesuit High School has a plaque in their hallowed halls that commemorate the 55 Jesuit alumni that died while in service during World War II.